2013–The Year of the Hanley’sJanuary 2, 2013
2012 was one that Lauren and I can say represent memories and emotions that represent the roller coaster of life in many ways. The last four months of 2012 represent to us moving forward and finding a new normal in our lives.
When I think back to 2012, I think of the success we experienced as a family, in our careers and the stance we took when we were asked to sidestep our values and morals. The highlights that I think of include:
- Our growth as a couple and the continuing realization we can do anything we desire
- The passion Lauren and I have to make the world a better place with our philanthropic efforts as a way to mark good coming out of all the bad
- The video we were involved in regarding our efforts to make others aware of red light safety
- The great media attention my nonprofit Nine13sports got
- watching our house transform during the remodel in a way that still takes my breath away
- having the chance to travel with Lauren in these last few months and enjoy things that we were unable to enjoy for the first two years of life
- enjoy the love of our friends and family here in Indianapolis
- watch “the nephews” continue to grow up into amazing young men
- watch my wife expand her career and involvement in many truly important projects that benefit this city
- work to grow our nonprofit from humble beginnings to something that created 7,800 youth interactions in 2012 with a variety of great program partners
- sitting on the deck with our dogs drinking a beer and looking at the stars
- celebrating two years of marriage to my better half and quickly realize we’re approaching three years
We celebrated 2013 in our preferred way–at home with our dogs, a great dinner, a bottle of Champagne that had been brought back by my sister-in-law from Paris over 2 years ago that we were saving to celebrate the end of litigation/the end of the remodel/the beginning of the new future.
2013 is the year of The Hanley’s—hope you can keep up..