L in the KitchenOctober 25, 2011
I know we’ve been majorly slacking in the blog writing department. We definitely have plenty to share from our trip to Miami last week for my work conference but just not enough hours in the day to pen the words. BUT there was a monumental event in our house last night that I just had to share…
I cooked all by myself without Tom in the kitchen. He happily sat at the kitchen table and played on his IPad while I rocked out dinner…alone. Tom was seriously impressed. There were no firefighters involved, nothing was burned and we didn’t need to order pizza. Even the dogs stayed out of the kitchen…they knew I was in serious cook mode. There aren’t even any pictures because that’s how far Tom was away from the kitchen.
It turned out really well! I added some more spices than it called for, forgot to add the bay leaf until the end and didn’t add mushrooms because the hubs isn’t a fan and of course drank the rest of the bottle of wine 😉 Below is the recipe and I definitely recommend giving it a try!!
Chicken and Pasta in White Wine Garlic Sauce
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped white onions
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaves
- 2 cloves crushed garlic or 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb other pastas
- salt and pepper
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine chicken in large skillet with water, olive oil, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and spices.
- Cook until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes while preparing pasta, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta al dente,place into serving dish and toss with olive oil.
- Pour chicken mixture over pasta.
- Serve with fresh salad and garlic toast.